Friday 21 December 2012

Fenton Book Scatterplot


I discovered the other day that some people think I have one or two books out on Kindle, when I actually have four.  (Maybe three-and-a-half, one’s a novella.)  Such were my poor marketing efforts.  I read yesterday that Pippa Middleton has been knocked back by Penguin for a second book deal, and one of the main reasons for this was that Pippa refused to do any promotion.  Penguin believed that her first book could have been huge, despite it being rubbish, if Pippa had only moved her arse and … moved her arse and … Sorry, what was I saying? 

Right, marketing.  I don’t want be like Pippa Middleton, a victim of my own non-promotion, so I’ve put together this graphic to help people choose between my books.  It’s arranged across two dimensions, weirdness and offensiveness, which I’ve been told are the two defining characteristics of my books.



2 comments:

  1. Just finished cellar door. Wonderful stuff. It's my second if your books, punchline being the first. Which had a in stitches. Your a great writer looking forward to the next. Off to amazon to get it now. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. You've given me a much-needed boost.

    ReplyDelete